There will probably be a few blog posts concerning this adventure over the coming weeks. This post is simply a quick overview.
Stuff I brought but didn’t need:
- Flashlights. I brought three little LED flashlights but didn’t use any of them. Thankfully, they didn’t take up hardly any room at all.
- Ben’s Wipes. Brought two packages of these excellent tick and insect repellent wipes but only used two wipes. Total.
- Leatherman. While I didn’t use it, there is no way I would travel without it.
Stuff I should have brought:
- USB 1TB hard drive. It was selfish of me to think that others would have the space to copy all of my GoPro movies to their computers. I owe Paul a debt of gratitude for copying my movies to his Mac. It won’t happen again.
- More dark t-shirts. Wearing a white t-shirt is ridiculous when you are wearing it for more than one day. Because of the technology in the undergarments I was wearing, I could wear the same outerwear for more than one day. White is very bad choice of colors. For obvious reasons.
- One more Smartwool Icebreaker t-shirt. This shirt is made to be worn several days in a row without smelling while providing excellent wicking properties. To wash it, simply put it in a sink with a little soap and water, wring it out, and it will be dry by morning.
- A one man tent. However, as I rented a bike, there really wasn’t any room on the bike for a tent. I will know for next time.
5742.9km (3568 miles). It was a lot of fun, though it wasn’t easy. Especially on a rental bike. However, I would, in a minute, join Chris, Paul, Vladimir, Roy and Arvid on another trek. Wherever it may be. They are exceptional riders and a lot of fun.
I’m already hoping that we embark on another adventure next year. Route 66 in the US? Another European adventure? Scotland and Ireland? Whatever it is, I will be there.
One thought on “Dash4Dosh 2014: A Quick Overview”
It was a pleasure Gregg! Had a fantastic experience and even sharing my tent with you wasn’t that bad 🙂 Looking forward to our next expedition! Let’s make it soon!