IBM Verse: Day One Usage

IBM has (finally) provisioned my Verse Basic account. How did Day One of Verse go for me?

Attempt One to log on to Verse resulted in this:

versebasic1

Hmm, refresh the browser.

Now, I see the login page. Again.

Attempt Two to log on to Verse resulted in this:

versebasic2

This appears in Chrome, version 41.0.2272.118 m, Firefox, version 37.0.1, and IE, version 9.0.36.

Now, I understand Tom’s post:

noverseforyou

*sigh*

This isn’t as easy as I had hoped. Nor is it a “#NewWaytoWork.”

9 Responses to IBM Verse: Day One Usage

1. Got mine today, too. It works for me with Firefox 37.0.1 on a Mac.
    Do you want to compare notes?

• Gregg Eldred says:

Maybe. IBM has reached out to me, I assume, to resolve the issue. If nothing comes from them, then, yes, we should compare notes.
      If it wasn’t for the blog, or Twitter, I would probably get no help whatsoever. I can’t help but wonder about the people that have signed up, have the same or similar issues, and don’t have those resources at their disposal. It’s a real pity.

2. For benefit of anyone reading, here is the supported browser list (see last row for IBM Verse):

Note that IE 9 isn’t supported.

• Gregg Eldred says:

Adam: I appreciate the comment. While IE9 isn’t supported (I get that, and if I were King of the World, IE wouldn’t be supported ever), Chrome and Firefox are. Which really baffles me that I cannot access Verse using those two browsers.

3. Same experience for me Greg.

4. Christian Tillmanns says:

Chrome works for me, too. Must be a Windows thing then?

5. Christian Tillmanns says:

Chrome 41.0.2272.118 and now 42.0.2311.90. Both versions work for me.

6. Christian Tillmanns says:

At least you are in the profiles:
    gregg.eldred1@ibmverse.com